Photographs of fonts in use in signage (from Re: [OT] New character request)

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 05:14:55 CST

    On Friday 11 December 2009, André Szabolcs Szelp <a.sz.szelp@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Indeed, I should have thought that such things make their
    > way to the web. Graphic designers have a habit of carrying
    > digital cameras around all the time... (Though that
    > particular one seems to be a generic touristic picture).
    > User generated content unlocks so many possibilities!
    >

    > /Szabolcs

    Another phenomenon is that Google takes pictures of whole streets and internet users may, if they so choose, seek out interesting uses of fonts.

    Some readers might like the following threads where various images in Google Streetview of fonts in use are linked.

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2899

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2862

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2894

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2469