Re: [unicode] Problems with Windows 7 Unicode Font Rendering

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 18:44:05 CST

    On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:57:48 +0530
    Vinodh Rajan <vinodh.vinodh@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I have a peculiar issue with Windows 7 Unicode Font Rendering.
    >
    >Windows 7 seems to support the display only one script block of a
    >Multi-Lingual Font (Such as Arial Unicode MS, Code2000) at a time. The
    >other script blocks in the same font are not rendered properly at all.

    The trouble you had is something like following?
    * if I write Devanagari-only text, the result is ok.
    * if I write Tamil-only text, the result is ok.
    * if I write a text including both of Devanagari & Tamil, the result is not ok.

    >http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll301/vinodhrajan/Screenshot-FontRendering.png
    >
    >But the fonts have full support for all the blocks.

    In your screenshot, MS Word & Notepad.exe are compared.
    I'm not sure if the screenshot shows the trouble you
    described. It seems that the left-side vowel signs are
    not displayed correctly in Notepad.exe. What is wrong
    in MS Word? Sorry my ignorance on Indic script.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki