Re: [unicode] Problems with Windows 7 Unicode Font Rendering

From: Vinodh Rajan (vinodh.vinodh@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 21:18:38 CST

> * if I write Devanagari-only text, the result is ok.
> * if I write Tamil-only text, the result is ok.
> * if I write a text including both of Devanagari & Tamil, the result is not ok.

Exactly !

> In your screenshot, MS Word & Notepad.exe are compared.
> I'm not sure if the screenshot shows the trouble you
> described. It seems that the left-side vowel signs are
> not displayed correctly in Notepad.exe. What is wrong
> in MS Word? Sorry my ignorance on Indic script.

Both in Notepad & MS Word, Arial Unicode MS is the selected font. But
you can see that, in MS Word only Devanagari is displayed properly,
Tamil vowel signs are not placed properly. While in the Notepad, only
Tamil display is correct

See the below screenshot again:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll301/vinodhrajan/ScreenShotFont-Rendering2.png

The same scenario is repeated with Kannada & Gujarati (both are
supported by Arial Unicode MS)

For some strange reasons, it seems in a Multi-Script text, only the
first script block is rendered correctly.

With Regards,

Vinodh Rajan

--
http://tamilcc.org/thoorihai/thoorihai.php