Re: canIPA

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 07:52:01 CST

    "Charlie Ruland ☘" <ruland at luckymail dot com> quoted Luciano
    Canepari:

    >> I appreciate your interest in my system of phonetic notation, and I
    >> am very happy that a proposal for its inclusion into the Unicode
    >> corpus has been made.

    "Proposal" implies that someone has written a formal proposal, intended
    for submission. Isn't that a bit premature? I agree with Karl: so far
    the new letters look like one man's invention, yet to be adopted by
    anyone else.

    --
    Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­