Re: Line breaking

From: Russell Shaw (rjshaw@netspace.net.au)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2010 - 05:42:39 CST

    Asmus Freytag wrote:
    > On 3/22/2010 7:03 PM, Russell Shaw wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I read http://unicode.org/reports/tr9/#Reordering_Resolved_Levels
    >> but am still unsure about line-breaking across text that has LTR
    >> and RTL runs.
    >
    > Russel,
    >
    > the simple answer is that you want to be able to read the text without
    > having to skip lines...

    Hi,
    Thanks all for the answers. Another problem. I applied the line-break demo:

       http://www.unicode.org/Public/PROGRAMS/LineBreakSampleCpp/5.2.0/linebreak.cpp

    to the text "my stuff" that has two spaces between the words. The array of
    break types i get is:

    "my stuff"
      pppippppx

    p: PROHIBITED_BRK
    i: INDIRECT_BRK
    x: EXPLICIT_BRK

    I want to measure the width of "my" (for line fitting), so i have
    to exclude the width of the Space characters. What unicode property
    should i use to determine non-graphical space characters?

    --
    regards,
    Russell Shaw