Re: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs

From: Andreas Prilop (prilop4321@trashmail.net)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2010 - 08:21:54 CST

    On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, CE Whitehead wrote:

    > I am wondering if it would be possible to map a tanween-'al-fatah
    > preceding an aliph at word's end as an irregular sequence??

    The signs 064B, 064C, 064D, 064E, 064F, 0650 *follow* an Arabic
    letter. The glyphs are placed above or below this letter.
    An additional letter 0627 or 0649 may *follow* the sign 064B.
     http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/arabic-alphabet.html#vowels
     http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/persian-alphabet.html#vowels

    I suggest that you study some grammar of (classical) Arabic
    before you ask again here. I recommend
     Grammatik des klassischen Arabisch / von Wolfdietrich Fischer
     http://www.harrassowitz-verlag.de/title_679.ahtml

    --
    From the New World:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=ISO-8859-2&q=Dvofi%E1k