Re: Do non-positional number systems present security issues?

From: Shriramana Sharma (samjnaa@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 19:06:35 CDT

    On 2010-Apr-12 22:39, karl williamson wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me: Are there other scripts where Gc=Nd characters can
    > behave with other than the positional meanings of the digits 0-9? The
    > only technical note that has "number" in the title is the one that
    > Shriramana mentioned, so I'm assuming not.

    How about Telugu? IIRC the original proposal for the Telugu fractions
    submitted by Nagarjuna Venna has examples for the Telugu digits being
    used as modifiers for the fractions or something.

    And for Devanagari? The above same for the "generic North Indic
    fractions" proposed by Anshuman Pandey.

    I should warn you that both the above are only a hazy recollection and I
    may be wrong about both... I daresay you can search for the proposals of
    the above characters and you will find more.

    As for the Tamil fractions which have been mentioned on this list
    before, they do not involve the usage of digits in other than their
    regular meanings.

    --
    Shriramana Sharma