Re: CJK Ideograph Fragments

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 12:20:47 CDT

    在 May 8, 2010 5:11 PM 時, Mark Davis ☕ 寫到:

    > There are 666 (coincidence?) characters that map to themselves (where you'd only expect that of "base" radicals).

    Actually, no, you wouldn't expect this. Some characters are assigned radicals arbitrarily, and not in a fashion reflecting either their structure nor their history; the prototypical example I use in this case is (surprise!) U+4E95 井.

    =====
    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com