Re: Least used parts of BMP.

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 01:30:15 CDT

    On 6/1/2010 8:04 PM, Kannan Goundan wrote:
    > I'm trying to come up with a compact encoding for Unicode strings for
    > data serialization purposes. The goals are fast read/write and small
    > size.

    Why not use SCSU?

    You get the small size and the encoder/decoder aren't that complicated.

    You get the additional advantage that some many years in the future, if
    data that are serialized to your scheme are found on an old hard-disk,
    someone has a chance to read them, because SCSU is well-documented (see
    UTS#6).

    A./