Re: Bengali Script

From: John Burger (john@mitre.org)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2010 - 08:35:51 CDT

    Am I missing something? Isn't the name of the =language= irrelevant?
    Unicode encodes =scripts=, not languages, yes? There's no "English"
    block in the standard, after all.

    The script we're talking about in this thread is used to write lots of
    languages - Wikipedia lists Assamese, Meitei, Bishnupriya Manipuri,
    Kokborok, Garo and Mundari as well as Bengali. Hey, let's argue about
    what the script is called in all of those languages, oh please?

    - John D. Burger
       MITRE