Re: [indic] Indian Rupee symbol

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 08:04:02 CDT

    Michael Everson said on Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 09:46:36AM +0100,:

    > It's an amalgam of Devanagari RA and the right half of Latin R with two lines.

    Actually one; the top horizontal line is from where the Devanagari RA
    "hanga".

    I mean, Devanagari letters are supposed to "hang" from the base line...

    </shuts up coz. I have not much knowledge of typography or Devanagari>

    Sorry ... I cannot express it better.

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com
    TRUTH,  n.   An   ingenious  compound  of  desirability  and