Re: [indic] Indian Rupee symbol

From: Tulasi (tulasird@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 09:49:39 CDT

    And what time have you uploaded to http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/ ?

    You did not answer!

    > having had experience with the EURO SIGN

    > Even in the year 2010, the euro sign (¤) doesn't work reliably.
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/de.test/browse_thread/thread/929f8f60b1f29ee8/e027e91e7ef17f62?#e027e91e7ef17f62

    What you call "experience with the EURO SIGN" he calls it brain-dead :-')

    Tulasi

    From: Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com>
    Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:05:53 +0100
    Subject: Re: [indic] Indian Rupee symbol
    <unicode@unicode.org>

    On 16 Jul 2010, at 11:37, Tulasi wrote:

    > Really quick! Like war time :-')
    > How long it took for you to write this proposal?

    An hour or so.

    > And what time have you uploaded to http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/ ?
    >
    > Nice job!

    Thank you. As I said, having had experience with the EURO SIGN, I
    believe it is imperative that matters like this be handled quickly so
    that implementors can get to work.