Re: Latin Script

From: Tulasi (tulasird@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 17:08:45 CDT

    > I cannot even imagine the level of misunderstandings
    > you seem to have on how the process works.

    You are talking about "process".
    I am talking about the "material" to be processed.
    Material here is letters/symbols.
    How do you get this material? You discover it.

    If ISO first discovers the material then ISO is the discoverer.
    If Unicode first discovers the material then Unicode is the discoverer.

    > simultaneously to both (like I have done).

    If you have done simultaneously then both have discovered.
    Your name should be documented somewhere as well.
    Say, you have sent to ISO 1 second before Unicode, then ISO discovers.

    So did you send simultaneously or one after another?

    > Sometimes this is a very long process,
    > and it would be wrong to state that some characters are
    > "discovered" by either organization.

    Discovery is independent of the “long/short/null" method of "process”;
    or any method of process, as explained above.

    > I can only agree with Mark on his suggestion.
    > Also, you have already been pointed out
    > several times where to find the relevant information.

    All letters/symbols that existed with ISO before Unicode creation
    were not discovered by Unicode.

    If Mark wanted to answer, he knew there were less work for him :-')

    Hope I have explained;
    any question please feel free to ask!

    Tulasi