RE: Latin Script

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 03:13:51 CDT

    Tulasi,

    I cannot even imagine the level of misunderstandings you seem to have on how the process works. New characters are proposed to either ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2 or the Unicode Technical Committee or simultaneously to both (like I have done). In all cases they will be included in ISO/IEC 10646 and The Unicode Standard only after an agreement has been worked out on the need to encode them and on their names by both committees. Sometimes this is a very long process, and it would be wrong to state that some characters are "discovered" by either organization.

    Incidentally, the character names in the various ISO/IEC 8859 parts were aligned with those in the 10646/Unicode when those parts were last updated some ten years ago.

    I can only agree with Mark on his suggestion. Also, you have already been pointed out several times where to find the relevant information.

    Sincerely,

    Erkki I. Kolehmainen