RE: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 02:22:26 CDT

    The next UTC meeting will be on Aug 9-13, 2010 (in Redmond, WA, USA) and the
    next ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2/WG2 meeting will be on Oct 4-8, 2010 in Busan, Korea.
    Initial decisions can be made at these meetings. These decisions, however,
    can be made to stick (in practice, although not necessarily in principle.
    The kind of process that Jony proposes could not be implemented following
    the ISO rules that WG2 must follow.

    Incidentally, I would have preferred to have the two proposals (in both WG2
    N3862 and L2/10-249) separated.

    Sincerely, Erkki