Re: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal - copyright/licencing issue

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 12:43:08 CDT

    Philippe Verdy said on Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 04:09:05PM +0200,:

    (snipping out the statements about copyrights, open licensing,
    copyright, etc).

    You have a point there; the government of India needs to publish that
    design in their gazette. Till then, it is not a formal decision, AFAICT.

    And I suppose that publication in the gazette will be sufficient a "license".

    After all the European Commission does not claima a copyright on the
    euro sign, does it? And the new rupee sign is meant for use, not for
    hoarding or generating royalty income for the GoI.

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com
    End Users are just friends who haven't submitted a patch yet.