RE: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 13:59:06 CDT

    The euro sign was originally defined in a manner similar to a strict logo. The European Commission, however, very soon realized that it had to be adjusted to the font style in order to be at all usable in any text. Thus, it is wrong to say that they did try to claim that it was a logo. (I know, I was the Project Team leader for the standardization of the euro; the CEN PT was financed by the Commission.)

    Sincerely, Erkki I. Kolehmainen