Using Combining Double Breve and expressing characters perhaps as if struck out.

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2010 - 01:29:54 CDT

    I have been looking at the following thread, which is entitled "Making Fonts with Diacritical Marks for Phonetics".

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3169

    I am writing here to ask two questions please in relation to the Unicode aspects of the problem.

    I have looked at http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode5.2.0/ch02.pdf in section 2.11 Combining Characters (page 36 of the pdf) and at http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode5.2.0/ch03.pdf in section 3.6 Combination (page 24 of the pdf).

    In http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0300.pdf there is U+035D COMBINING DOUBLE BREVE and there is U+035E COMBINING DOUBLE MACRON.

    In http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf there is U+006F LATIN SMALL LETTER O.

    How does one express two letters LATIN SMALL LETTER O with a combining double breve in a Unicode plain text document please?

    Can one, and if so how, express in a Unicode plain text document a lowercase letter that has a lower left to upper right line across it, perhaps as if it has been struck out please?

    William Overington