Re: High dot/dot above punctuation?

From: Jukka K. Korpela (
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 02:50:23 CDT

  • Next message: Kent Karlsson: "Re: High dot/dot above punctuation?"

    André Szabolcs Szelp wrote:

    > Generally, for the decimal point . (U+002E FULLSTOP) and , (U+002C
    > COMMA) is used in the SI world. However, earlier conventions could use
    > different notation, such as the common British raised dot which
    > centers with the lining digits (i.e. that would be U+00B7 MIDDLE DOT).

    The different dot-like characters are quite a mess, but the case of British
    raised dot is simple: it is regarded as typographic variant of FULL STOP.

    Ref.: (second page, paragraph with
    run-in heading "Typographic variation").


    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Wed Jul 28 2010 - 02:52:27 CDT