RE: High dot/dot above punctuation?

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 15:54:53 CDT

    > Michael asks, "Are or will be OT features supported in, say, filenames?" The answer depends on the
    > renderer. For example, if you display filenames in NotePad using the Calibri font, default English
    > ligatures are used automatically using OpenType table info.

    > I meant on the desktop or in the Finder or Explorer.

    I don't see them used in the Windows 7 Explorer, but that's no guarantee they won't be used in the next version :-) Here I'm assuming you mean OT features for English text. OpenType features are used extensively in shaping complex script text in general and in complex-script filenames in particular.

    Murray