Re: Using Combining Double Breve and expressing characters perhaps as if struck out.

From: verdy_p (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 17:53:22 CDT

    "Markus Scherer"

    > There are 857 combining marks with combining class of 0:
    > http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=[[:M:]%26[:ccc%3D0:]]&abb=on&g=

    So what ? I perfectly know that there are a lot of diacritics with cc of 0.

    It's DEFINITELY NOT me that contested that on this list (and I already posted a reply to someone that pretended to me
    that this was a contradiction). So you're probably making a false assumption here, as I have NEVER said the opposite.

    And those 857 combining marks are definitely not a problm for the generality of double diacritics. You can use them
    with EVEN LESS problems, if the base grapheme clusters ever contain any combination of those combining characters with
    combining class 0.