Re: Pashto yeh characters

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 02:51:47 CDT

    On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Murray Sargent <
    murrays@exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:
    Andreas Prilop commented "A native speaker of English does not
    /automatically/ know better about English grammar, English punctuation than
    an informed Frenchman." So true, so true. Most native speakers of English
    have only limited understanding of English grammar.

    I very recently read an anecdote about Radloff, the russian turkologist.
    One day a Turk visited him and told him his theories and ideas about the
    Turkic languages. It became quite soon apparent, that he was not to be taken
    seriously. So Radloff asked:
    — Why do you think, your ideas are right?
    — Because I'm a turkologist — the man replied.
    — And what makes you a turkologist?
    — Well, I'm a Turk, and my mother tongue ist Turkish.
    — Oh no, my friend, a bird is not an ornithologist either...

    ... Actually, in general birds know pretty little about birds :-)

    Szabolcs