Re: UTS#10 (collation) : French backwards level 2, and word-breakers.

From: Frédéric Grosshans (frederic.grosshans@m4x.org)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 07:42:35 CDT

    Le jeudi 29 juillet 2010 à 15:52 -0700, Kenneth Whistler a écrit :

    > Instead of continuing the discussion with a back and forth in
    > email, I decided instead to write a Unicode Technical Note
    > on the general topic, including a case study of alternative
    > orderings for a French topic list.
    >
    > Those who are interested in collation and in the particular issues
    > that were discussed in this thread may wish to take a look:
    >
    > http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn34/

    Thanks for this interesting document.

    Why did you chose the "fleur" words ? The question discussed about the
    accent do not seem to arise here. The area around modèle and modelé
    (from model to modène), for example, seems more intersting to me.

    Of course, I know it's easy for me to say that without doing any work !

    --
    Frédéric Grosshans
    Chargé de Recherche