Re: Most complete (free) Chinese font?

From: Martin J. Dürst (duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 20:07:33 CDT

    Hello Michael,

    I hope you still remember that I am one of the (apparently very few)
    people who paid for Everson Mono. That was more than ten years ago.

    On 2010/08/03 1:02, Michael Everson wrote:
    > On 2 Aug 2010, at 13:10, Leonardo Boiko wrote:
    >
    >> When did I say there was something shameful about non-freeness? I only said, and I quote, that it’s not my thing.
    >
    > I find the term "non-free" to smack of élitism and a view that commerce is undesirable. And I'm not even very good at being a merchant.

    Instead of criticising a term, would you mind proposing a different term?

    >> It’s much simpler, for me, to stick to an automated system that guarantees freedom.
    >
    > Indeed? Let us weep for those benighted folks who shackled themselves to the world of pecuniary transaction by choosing to render a shareware fee for Everson Mono....

    Nobody has to weep for me. I actually haven't used Everson Mono much,
    I'm not even sure whether I ever used it, but at the time I found the
    idea that somebody was working on a font that covered Unicode really
    worthy of support.

    Regards, Martin.