Re: How to encode reversed section sign?

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2010 - 04:02:15 CDT

  • Next message: William_J_G Overington: "Accessing alternate glyphs from plain text (from Re: Draft Proposal to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters)"

    Hi, Janusz,

    it would be valueable information whether the reversed section sign
    encodes any other semantic than the normal one.

    It would help looking at the "key" of the dictionary which explains
    symbols and their usage, as it might well be, that the typesetter ran
    out of normal section signs composing a page, and used that one
    instead.

    On the other hand, if he had the reversed one at hand, that could mean
    that it was used otherwhere as well... but then, looking at the
    glyphs, this reversed one is definitely from a different typeface, so
    it still might be a "character substitution", to speak in digital
    manners of an analogue process....

    /Sz

    --
    Szelp, André Szabolcs