Re: First posting to list: Unicode.org: unicode - punycode converter tool?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@nic.fr)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 15:08:40 CDT

    On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 07:01:22PM +0200,
     JP Blankert (thuis & PC based) <jpblankert@zonnet.nl> wrote
     a message of 147 lines which said:

    > I am a domain name (especially: IDN) expert.

    A "domain name (especially IDN) expert" who does not know that was
    mapped in IDNA 2003 but not in IDNA 2008? That's quite hard to believe
    since this specific characters have been quite often mentioned.

    > I worked my way out +- manually now, on . But the issue will come
    > back for other languages....

    Unlikely since being mapped to pure ASCII LDH was exceptional. Among
    the letters, only was in that case.