Re: Playing cards....

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2010 - 04:50:23 CST

    Some readers might like the following links.

    http://www.courtauld.ac.uk/gallery/exhibitions/2010/cezanne/index.shtml

    http://www.courtauld.ac.uk/gallery/exhibitions/2010/cezanne/CezannesCardPlayers-TheCourtauldGallery_001.shtml

    Some readers might perhaps enjoy the following. It is a visit, using Google Streetview, to Aix-en-Provence, due to the Cézanne connection.

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3227

    Some readers of this forum are interested in fontmaking and some of those readers might perhaps be interested in the following thread, entitled "High Plane Unicode Mapping".

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2527

    The thread starts with me asking a question, in December 2008, of which question I did not at the time know the answer. The question was phrased in relation to mapping a cell containing a glyph as one of the emoji in plane 15 with the contemporary Google mappings: the learning that I achieved has since been applied to plane 1 as well.

    There are various other threads linked from that thread and hopefully some readers will find the information and the fonts that are available for free download of interest.

    William Overington