Ruby below?

From: Shriramana Sharma (samjnaa@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2011 - 10:06:35 CST

    Hello all. I just come from meeting a scholar of the Jaiminiya Sama
    Veda. He has shown me printed Jaiminiya material in Devanagari and
    Grantha where the svara markers in the form of syllables are placed
    *below* the main line. Apparently it is the standard practice in
    Grantha and also seen in Devanagari. The Safari blog seems to indicate
    that HTML5/CSS3 support placing Ruby text below. Any idea on the level
    of support from word processing and/or publishing software (including
    TeX)?

    --
    Shriramana Sharma.