Re: Titlecasing words starting with numeric glyphs and period as word separator

From: Mark Davis ☕ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 13:01:01 CST

    I agree with Asmus that probably the best choice for CSS in lieu of
    language-specific information would be a "sentence-case", which modifies the
    case of the 'first' character of the first word, but leaves the rest of the
    word and the rest of text alone. What amounts to the 'first character of the
    first word' needs a bit more discussion.

    the Dodgers lose => the Dodgers lose
    49ers win // leave alone
    diSilva in finals => DiSilva in finals // not Disilva
    l’histoire du Québec => l’histoire du Québec

    Mark

    *— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*