Re: North Indic Fractions etc.

From: Shriramana Sharma (
Date: Mon Jun 06 2011 - 05:57:55 CDT

    On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:20 PM, fantasai <> wrote:
    > Is there a reason why the North Indic fractions and Aegean numbers and
    > measures
    > are not assigned to any scripts in the ScriptExtensions.txt file?
    > I don't really know what list of scripts they should belong to, but they
    > don't
    > seem very "Common".

    I don't know about Aegean but North Indic fractions are used in
    multiple North Indian scripts including Devanagari. Please read: (from

    And perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of "common" -- it doesn't
    mean they are common in usage. It means that they are common to more
    than one script, whether in frequent use or rare use.

    Shriramana Sharma