Re: Questions about UAX #29

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:27:08 -0700

I wouldn't be adverse to adding [:cn:][:cs:][:co:] to [:gcb:control:]. It
would make it align more with the current definition of Grapheme_Base.

As to how to handle private use characters, UAX #29 already allows
overriding:

"This specification defines *default* mechanisms; more sophisticated
implementations can *and should* tailor them for particular locales or
environments."

I'll file an agenda item for the August UTC meeting to consider this; you
can also add your feedback to the UTC using the reporting form.

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*