Re: Quick survey of Apple symbol fonts (in context of the Wingding/Webding proposal)

From: Karl Pentzlin <karl-pentzlin_at_acssoft.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:23:57 +0200

Am Freitag, 15. Juli 2011 um 10:58 schrieb Asmus Freytag:

AF> ... There appear to be a large number of symbols for which a
AF> Unicode equivalent can be identified with great certainty -
AF> and beyond that there seem to be characters for which such
AF> an assignment is perhaps more tentative, because of minor
AF> glyph differences, but still plausible. ...
AF> ... Once you have carried the analysis to that stage ...

My intent was to present the data to people who want to continue the
work in this way, and to encourage the discussion of the Apple symbols
within the Wingding/Webding discussion in line with the German NB request
cited in my original mail.
Such analysis as Asmus requested, done with the appropriate scrutiny
and thus requiring a considerable amount of time, in fact is the next
logical step on this work. This, however, has not necessarily to be done
by myself.

- Karl