Re: Continue: Glaring Mistake in the Code List of South Asian Script, Reply to Daug Ewell and Others

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper_at_crissov.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:52:15 +0200

Delex,

you are obviously confusing character sets, scripts, writing systems, orthographies, languages, peoples and names thereof (which may vary across languages and applications).

NB: Some might argue that Unicode already distinguishes Indic scripts on a finer level than necessary, since elsewhere many would be seen as hands or typefaces of a single script, hence they would unify encoding and leave the looks to fonts completely.

> difficult as if he is being asked to find out London in the map of Germany.

There’s a London in my (German) home county. I think it has like 20 citizens. Proves nothing.