Re: ligature usage - WAS: How do we find out what assigned code points aren't normally used in text?

From: James Cloos <cloos_at_jhcloos.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:45:15 -0400

>> But "Dorfladen" is not ambiguous.

WL> Yes, but some web browsers like Firefox automatically apply an `fl'
WL> ligature...

Only if the font does. (At least in the case of gecko-on-X11.)

Ideally the text should be tagged as DE so that the app can call the
opentype/graphite/whatever features for DE text rather than for generic
latin (script) text.

Failing that it would be useful to guess based on word lists, provided
of course that doing do does not kill performance.

-JimC

--
James Cloos <cloos_at_jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6