Re: ligature usage - WAS: How do we find out what assigned code points aren't normally used in text?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:55:22 +0200

Note: an old bug (signaled by me multiple times 2.5 years ago) is now being
corrected in Chrome since today: the Uniscribe part of the Webkit renderer
has a very critical bug that was finally isolated, it caused the whole
Windows desktop to become almost frozen or impossible to refresh on some
conditions, often forcing to reboot abruptly.

This old bug (appered in January 2009 with early beta versions of Chrome v4)
causes serious leakages of GDI resources (DC and font handles) in the
desktop window, within a very tight loop that sometimes never terminates.

It would be good if Chrome/Chromium and WebKit authors read this thread,
when they correct their Uniscribe support, in order to honor the language
markup or metadata in HTML5.

Philippe.