fonts for vertical bopomofo stacks

From: Stephan Stiller <sstiller_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:40:49 -0700

Does anyone know of any fonts that will automatically compose plaintext
bopomofo strings such as "???" into vertical stacks with proper
placement of the tone mark (as shown here
<http://rishida.net/blog/?p=494>)? To clarify, I would like to produce
sequences of bopomofo stacks without adjacent characters: that is, the
precomposed character-bopomofo glyphs, such as what the
"HanWang[...]ChuIn" fonts here
<http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_ChineseTraditional.html> provide, are
not what I'm looking for.

(I prefer vertical layout of bopomofo even in horizontal text, because
that will let me use spaces for word segmentation; otherwise I will need
to use spaces to distinguish "??" (za-) from "? ?" (zi- a-).)

Stephan