RE: Armenian Eternity Sign (proposal)

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:26:49 -0700

satai <satai at akauri dot com> wrote:

> I am not "worried", I am just trying to understand why keeping
> national attribution for a common-use character is so principal, while
> these symbols have specific meaning in more than one culture and the
> proposed name is not a well-known one.

I always assumed that ARMENIAN in the name of these characters referred
to the script with which they are usually used, not the country of
Armenia. Names of countries aren't normally used in character names;
that's why we have FARSI SYMBOL.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­