Re: Armenian Eternity Sign (proposal)

From: satai <satai_at_akauri.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:33:05 +0400

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>wrote:
> I am sure that in this case "Armenian" does refer to the script

According to definition, script is "a collection of letters and other
written signs used to represent textual information in one or more writing
systems". [http://unicode.org/glossary/#S] This symbol is not an element of
a writing system and does not represent textual information.

> If they are widely used in other script contexts

If we treat "scripts" in broader sense, then yes. You can take a look at
modern Georgian coins and banknotes design (available via the link I
supplied in the initial post).

RIGHT-FACING ETERNITY SIGN and LEFT-FACING ETERNITY SIGN are completely
neutral names.

Best regards,
Alex.