Re: Code2000 on SourceForge

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 04:41:42 +0530

Luke, again I should say IANAL but it is the *intention* of the author of
the software, especially when it is explicitly stated, that matters. IIRC
the MySQL people use the same GPL as the kernel but say that any
application using the interface they provide is considered by them to be
derivative, so all graphical front-ends etc that use GPL-ed MySQL have to
be GPL-ed as well. This is quite against the stand of the Linux kernel
authors. But it is how the authors want the license to be interpreted. I
suppose any court would respect that at least to an extent.

If James says clearly he does not consider any document using his font as a
derivative work then that should be fine.

Sent from my Android phone