Re: [indic] Chillu LLL and its encoding in UTS (was: Re: Written Tamil and Srivas' Theory)

From: N. Ganesan <naa.ganesan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 05:32:48 -0800

Mahesh,

BTW, old Kannada has LLLA in Unicode as well, but wrongly named. Not only
that -
its codepoint is also wrong & does not match with the other 3 Dravdiain
scripts'
LLLA position.

Just last, Suresh Kolichala et al., have asked for LLLA in Telugu script
& UTC has granted the encoding. Apart from a very few inscriptional
occurrences,
the real practical use for Telugu LLLA is transliteration from
Malayalam, Tamil Grantha, Old Kannada texts.
For example, the 20,000 page Dravidian holy hymns need to be
transcribed into Telugu lipi properly,
http://www.thevaaram.org/

See Telugu pages that will need the new Telugu LLLA:
http://www.thevaaram.org/te/index.php

and for that, Telugu LLLA
is of immense use. Same thing will happen in Dravidian in Grantha
Unicode fonts are available.

N. Ganesan