Detailed description of every Arabic character in Unicode

From: Bahman Eslami <eslami.bahman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:17:04 +0330

Hi,
I'm developing a typeface that contains most of arabic Unicode
characters (farsi, urdu, sindhi & etc) and I need to see how they are
used in a text/context, so I'll be able to make informed decision about
character glyphs. for example I can't find any example that shows how
"Arabic Year Sign" would be used in a text. If you could provide me
detailed information of arabic characters in unicode, it would be a
great help. specifically characters in usage in the script before their
inclusion in digital typefaces. I also add that I red the chapter 8 of
Unicode standard but It doesn't have any examples that shows the usage
of characters in a text. I need something like this:
unicode.org/review/pr-171-rub-el-hizb.pdf
<http://unicode.org/review/pr-171-rub-el-hizb.pdf>
but about the other characters like "Arabic Year Sign".

thanks in advance,
Bahman

Bahman Eslami
eslami.bahman_at_gmail.com