Re: Detailed description of every Arabic character in Unicode

From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh_at_google.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:55:24 -0800

For that, you need to find the proposals that led to the encoding of the
character. It's sometimes an art to find the right document in WG2 and UTC
archives. For the Arabic year sign, it seems that the public proposal
itself is available publicly among the WG2 documents at:

http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2483.pdf

That document mentions an appendix that I couldn't find in the WG2 document
registry (I didn't try very hard), but it is available at the UTC document
registry under L2/01-426.

Roozbeh