Re: Combining latin small letters with diacritics

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:56:53 +0100

> My question really is whether they could not be seen as
> <comb>diaeresis</comb> is contextual.

Sorry I did not understood the question.
Anyway I don't see the exact problem you may find in this case. There
are other stacked diacritics in this document (such as breve plus
acute accent), and there's probably no need to encode them in a
precombined form, and which problem it would solve. The good question
will be to find fonts or renderers that will correctly render those
unusual stacks (of a combining letter plus a combining diacritic, over
another base letter).