Re: Joining Arabic Letters

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 18:35:46 +0200

I am testing it in the latest version of chrome, which was release
long after the latest Unicode addition to the Arabic letters (notably
the last update of Arabic joining types in the UCD). So may be it's
the internal engine used in Chrome that still does not support these
mandatory joining types.

But then, it would consider by default those characters as
**non-joining** (because this is explicitly the default value of the
joining type for all characters in the UCD that have not been assigned
joining types). This is not the case, the implementation considers
these characters as right-joining, so this is is clearly an
implementation bug.