Re: SV: Klingon on Unicode site?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 00:59:46 +0200

Yes but HTTP headers are still not part of the page content itself. It
is unrelated and only needed for the HTTP protocol and management of
caches inclding in proxies. Those headers are by definition not
translatable by the server. Only the brower may opt to display these
headers outside of the page content, using the user's preferences in
his browser.

So even if there's a visible 'Last modified" date included in the
content, it does not have to match the date indicated in the HTTP
header (which may be updated only for technical reasons unrelated to
the content itself, such as fixing an HTML syntax, or CSS style, or
the broen URL to a script or image, or because the querying user has
changed his preferences on his personnal account on that site in such
a way that the surrounded UI (sent as part of the personalized page
content body) needs to be refreshed, without affecting the date of the
content itself.

Both dates (in HTTP headers or in the page content body) are
unrelated. Standard HTTP headers are not translatable.