Re: SV: Klingon on Unicode site?

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:36:27 -0700

On 4/3/2012 3:59 PM, Philippe Verdy wrote:
> Yes but HTTP headers are still not part of the page content itself. It
> is unrelated and only needed for the HTTP protocol and management of
> caches inclding in proxies. Those headers are by definition not
> translatable by the server. Only the brower may opt to display these
> headers outside of the page content, using the user's preferences in
> his browser.
This is supremely beside the point.

When data is displayed on a page, the user doesn't (shouldn't) care
where it originates. There should be no difference in formatting between
dates that are manually entered or dates that are dynamically generated.
As far as the user is concerned, both are simply dates.

(If your page echoes the HTTP header for web developers, that may be a
different issue - here we are talking about pages for end users).

A./