Re: SV: Klingon on Unicode site?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:01:35 +0200

Yes but there ware sevral replies speaking about HTTP headers (the
first one from Juka Korpela). Which are unrelated. This was a
necessary clarification. The HTTP protocol itself is not concerned by
localisation of the headers related to the management of caches and
conditional requests to refresh caches from its source, which may have
been modified only because of technical changes (including surrounding
decorations, or a reencoding, or some site-global design changes, or
local changes of embedded URLs for the same related contents, if they
come from other external sources), without affecting the effective
contents embedded and published in that page.

As well, there are good reasons why a date displayed in a page could
be formatted differently from other dates in the same page, when they
are in fact part of different contents each one using its language.
Multilingual pages are frequent, and this is why we can tag each part
of the displayed content with its language tag, independantly of the
default site language, or the user preferred locale parameters.