Re: Key Curry : Attempting to make it easy to type world languages and orthographies on the web

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 05:02:26 +0200

Also, beware: there are several AZERTY variants. The Belgian variant
is different from the variant used in France (notably in the first
row).

You should also know that some ASCII symbols or punctuations are typed
with AltGr (the RightAlt, which acts in fact like LeftAlt+Ctrl, the
Cltr key can be the left or right one, but only the left Alt can be
used to enter character numerically on Windows or type menu
accelerators), for example these characters :

In Europe the Euro symbol is generally placed also on AltGr+E (or
LeftAlt+Ctrl+E) on most European keyboards, with the exception of the
British English keyboard where it is placed on the first row.

There's only 1 Alt key on a French keyboard, and on most European
keyboards, including those using a QWERTZ (German) or QWERTY (British)
variant; only the default US English keyboard has 2 Alt keys, the
International US keyboard also features the AltGr key (for typing more
characters than just plain ASCII) and only 1 Alt key on the left.