Re: Multiple encoding used with Unihan database

From: <z-test_at_shiroha.jp>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:35:56 +0900

On 12-Apr-18, at 8:30 AM, Jim Breen wrote:
> This is very odd. The UniHan data files, which can be downloaded
> and which
> presumably drive that WWW service, have that information correctly
> coded.
>
> Quoting from Unihan_Readings.txt (Unicode 6.0):
>
> [...]
> U+58B3 kMandarin FEN2

Thank you for the information. You may notice that on some pages (in
the web based Unihan database version) you can find terms like "fén"
while on other pages there will be "fen2" instead - perhaps the
problem I noticed is not a database issue, as you suggest, but an
issue in the interface.

I may download the database, but I will still need to use the web
based version when I am using other people's computers (this happens
frequently). :-)

Thank you for your time!