RE: [OT] Re: Exact positioning of Indian Rupee symbol according to Unicode Technical Committee

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:52:12 -0700

Julian Bradfield <jcb plus unicode at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk> wrote:

>> Did you read what I wrote? The *underlying architecture* of Windows
>> key handling supports neither additional shift states nor multiple
>> dead keys, both of which are required to support this standard. A new
>> version of MSKLC on top of the existing architecture will not help.
>
> Again, please could you explain how this is the case?

Michael Kaplan, who developed MSKLC, has blogged about this quite a few
times:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/

And yes, of course it's possible to stack an entire new layer on top of
the existing Windows key architecture, as Keyman does. Maybe that is the
long-term solution, but I haven't heard that MS is planning to go that
route.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­